ProBlogger.net, an extremely popular blogging blog, recently published an article about ad positioning, and how inline ads outperformed other ad positions for him. After this is done, you’ll be able to add inline advertisements to specific posts using custom fields. Not just that, but you’ll be able to specify the ad size as well. Now I know there may be WordPress plugins that are able to do this for you, but this tutorial will go over how to do it manually by editing your WordPress theme.
* A simple diagram of a layout with inline ads in the content
* What a custom field is, what they do, and what their purpose is
* Edit your WordPress theme to accommodate custom fields
* Add a class to your stylesheet to properly display inline ads
* Use a custom field key and value to specify which ad size to use
Maximize your ad revenue by implementing these techniques in your WordPress theme and read on…